In line with the new Government guidance there will be significant changes to how we are permitted to provide the care for your children.
- Due to Covid we are limited on numbers for our holiday club,bookings will be taken on a first come first served basis.
- Parent's will be given a drop off time between 7.45am and 8.45am in 15 minute windows. This is to allow a safe arrival for the children, early time slots will be allocated to those booking forms recieved first.
- Any primary aged child can attend.
- If a child is unwell please do not bring them to the club, you must have a contact that is available to collect your child within 30 minutes if they become unwell whilst in our care.
- There can be no mixed timings, children will need to be booked as ‘8am – 3pm’ on all days required or all an ‘8am – 6pm’ timing. For example a child cannot attend on a Monday 8am-3pm and the following Monday 8am - 6pm.
- You will be allocated an arrival time between 8am – 9am.
- There will be no morning club of 7.30am - 8am available.
- Children can only attend one ‘holiday club’ or ‘sports camp’, you cannot swap between two clubs.
- Children will be allocated a ‘bubble’ and will not be permitted to transfer to another ‘bubble’.
- There will be no ‘adhoc’ bookings, every booking must be made by the previous week at the latest.
- All medication needs to be ‘in date’ and handed in when arriving, if your child requires an inhaler it will need to present on arrival.
- We cannot apply Sun cream. Your child needs to have sun cream applied before arriving.
- All children require a disposable packed lunch ( a carrier / paper bag), with enough drinks for your child for the day.
- There is no Mcdonald’s on a Friday.
- There is no Tuck shop but you will be able to purchase a bag of sweets for 25p on a daily basis.
- Payment is required upon arrival.
The activity opportunities are extensive and we believe in providing a fun child-led environment for all the ages. We strive to provide an age-appropriate service for each child from 4- 11 years.(Children can only attend our holiday club the period before they start reception class at school).
Please do not send your child/ren in their best clothes as some of our activities can get quite messy!
8am-6pm Session £27 first child / £22 sibling
8am-3 pm Session £22 per child.
Any promotions can not be used in conjuntion with any other offer and are only valid for one week and can not be spread over several weeks over a holiday period.
All prices are correct as of July 2020 but are subject to change.
Please book only the care you need as we do not offer any cancellations during the holiday period. All bookings need to be made in writing and all spaces reserved are charged for.
We are located at Lydiard Park Academy (ex Greendown Secondary School), Grange Park Way, Swindon SN5 6HN
Shown below are just a selection of some of the activities that we have provided during the past year within our holiday club at Lydiard Park Academy. These activities are available on a weekly basis with additional activities added.
Table tennis, cooking, dance studio, 'cinema room', arts and crafts, construction toys, mega slide, bouncy castles, Tennis courts, table football, bouncy castles, ball pond, darts, 15 consoles including Xbox, PS3 and Nintendo Wii. Badminton, dress up, astroturf, hockey, air Hockey, football, reading, home corner, Barbie's, action man, disco room, team games, quiet room, dodgeball, basketball, dance mats, board games, DVD's, competitions, sandpit, snooker, sports hall, face paints, parachute games, dolls area, tuck shop, karaoke and Macdonald's on a Friday.
Questions / Answers
Q) Where are you based?
We are located in Lydiard Park Academy in West Swindon, Grange Park SN5 6HN. Upon entering the school grounds turn right and park in the car park. From here walk to the rear of the school passing the cycle park, you will then come to our location.
Q) Are your staff qualified, insured and first aid trained?
It is our policy to have all members of staff first aid trained and holding a relevant childcare qualification, any new staff is put on the first available courses if they are employed without the appropriate first aid or childcare qualification. We are fully insured to care for your child.
Q) My child has special medical needs, can they still attend?
With 26 years experience of providing childcare, there are not many medical needs that we have not accommodated over this period. We are there to work with you and your family, if the medicine is prescribed by your GP then we will administer where appropriate. Any child who has asthma listed as a medical condition will need to provide an inhaler.
Q) Do we need to provide anything?
We try to provide everything within our pricing structure, you will need to provide, suncream, a hat and a packed lunch including a drink. There is a daily tuck shop for the children and the choice is yours if you wish for your child to have access to the sweets and fruit that is sold, there are penny sweets and for most children, 20p will suffice. On a Friday there is the opportunity for the children to have a Macdonald's meal, this is charged at present at £2.90 and is payable on the day.
Q) What is the youngest age a child can be to attend?
A child can attend the holiday session before they start full-time school.
Q) Do we have to be at the holiday club at 8 am?
Most children arrive at around 8.30am, the choice is yours on your arrival time.
Q) Can we do shorter sessions than the ones advertised?
There are only two sessions available 8 am - 3 pm and 8 am - 6 pm, you can drop off and collect at a time to suit you, the cost will be charged at one of the two sessions that are listed.
If you are using our services for the first time you will need to complete a registration form as well as the holiday booking form.